Sunday, April 27, 2014

Delays

We found out yesterday we wont be able to move in next weekend… I was really sad, frustrated, and angry about it yesterday but it's what has to happen so I can't dwell on it. 

The floors need to be stripped bare and redone. The machine our guy used to sand around the edges of the room left marks on the floor that couldn't be seen until it was stained. The worst part is that to correct it you have to start all over. I know it is such a bummer.

Can you see it? They are swirl marks. It's hard to make out in photos.

Another shot 





These are spots that weren't filled with putty and those will be fixed as well. We're very picky but hardwood floors are expensive so we're making sure it's done right. 


Here's a view from the kitchen. It's going to look great. 

The stain is Ebony by Minwax and the floors are white oak.


So we've moved on to our next project… painting furniture. My husband says my theme song should be "Paint it Black" by The Rolling Stones and I agree. You will too in time. It's one of my favorite colors to paint just about anything. It's durable, looks sophisticated, and matches everything. It makes decorating a breeze. I can have everything bold and black and bring in my color with accents. 



Here is a little tease of our project.

These are items for the boys' rooms. A dresser, small bookcase, and bunk beds. It looks great and I'll share pictures soon of the newly painted items.

What did you work on this weekend? Any painting tips to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment