Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Best Things In Life Are Free

I'm a member of Mom's (that's Mom's of Multiples) and they have a wonderful network of mothers that are there for support when you need them. Another awesome perk is there is a website with a message board that people can list things for sale, ask for advice, or offer things up for free. 

Imagine my delight when I got my daily email with new classifieds and saw FREE Swingset. And not just any swing set…. one of those fancy wooden ones that I've been eyeing but thought I'd never be able to afford. Have you seen the price tag on those things? 

Where is my money tree?

It's been used and loved by another family but was in great shape. I feel so lucky to have it and only hope one day Im able to pay it forward…
 if not with this set then in some other way. 

The only catch is that Dale had to drive over take it apart and bring it home then put it back together.

Have I mentioned how great my man is? He is the best. 

I didn't go with him so I wasn't able to get any shots of him taking it apart or loading it but here is what it looked like when he got it home and unloaded. 


He admitted he was a little worried when he saw it and wondered 
if it was in good enough shape to use.

uh oh… 

Turns out it he was worried for nothing it looks great.


It definitely doesn't look brand new, but for free it is AMAZING! 
Sorry for the lack of putting it together shots… he did this while I was at work. I arrived to supervise and help him put on the roof. Which I have to say I was impressed by. This thing held up both of our combined weights… for sure it's safe enough for the boys. The set was missing some screws… nothing a quick trip to Lowe's couldn't handle. And voila….


A fully functional swing set. 

Our  boys are a little young to get much use of it but we do have infant swings we are using at my      in-laws and they will get plenty of use here.



Here I am making sure the swings work… I LOVE to swing.  I know Im sort of an idiot. Dale said I should act silly and this is what we got. 


I feel so grateful to have this new (to us) set and will be so excited when we can start to use it daily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment